As the year comes to a close, there's been a lot of reflection going on..
I love this idea, that's been going around the blog world, of listing things that were great about this year, so I joined in. I'm not going to be particularly chronological about this, but hopefully you'll enjoy it all the same!
1. I traveled to Europe in the spring, and fell in love with the people, places and all around feel of the Scandinavian region.
2. I worked with kids all summer, and made so many friends from all over the world. It was an unbelievable feeling to have kids coming up to me saying how I'd inspired them and they looked up to me.
3. My birthday was spent (on the actual day) with some great friends I get to see about once a year, on a yacht, writing down our dreams on paper and tying them to red balloons and releasing them out into the sky; letting them take flight in a sense, and finishing the day with smiles, cake, hugs and a whole lot of laughter..perfect.
(Photo courtesy of Dramatic Reflections Photography)
4. I started training in classical ballet again after taking a year off because of schooling, and was given the opportunity to play my dream role of the beautiful Snow Queen in the Nutcracker. What a blessing!
5. I switched to a new university, and we got an adorable new addition to the family! :)
(Meeting Erwin McManus, one of the most fantastic creative minds, author, speaker..etc!)
6. I met some of the most inspiring and influential people in the business, political, writing and church worlds. (Including former President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura) This was one of the most incredible experiences.
7. I started blogging! :) Thanks to all of my lovely friends who read and leave me such kind things in the comments. You all are truly friends of mine, and I am happy to know you! xoxo
(With Julie Kent, Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre)
8. I met some of the top ballet dancers in the world, and even took a master ballet class from some of them!
9. Hosting parties is such fun, and throughout the year, my friends and I have enjoyed many a tea party and lovely Holiday gatherings.
10. Even when I wasn't actively training in ballet, towards the first part of the year, God opened up the door for me to establish a dance group at the university I attended then. With it, we were able to have some fabulous performing opportunities, and made some great friendships; it still is in existence there today!
As you're looking back and reflecting on all that has passed in this last year, I hope you remember not only the tough times that made you stronger, but also the good memories; those times that you laughed so hard, or when someone did something to make your day. Each event, both big and small, because every one helped to shape you into the person that you are, and that person is someone really great. I'm throwing a smile over my shoulder to the sweet memories of the past, but looking forward with great expectations; 2011 is going to be something grand, I just know it!
Blessings and Best Wishes for the New Year,