The start of a brand new year is always so exciting to me! It's the opportunity to set new goals, come up with plans to try new things, and start afresh! There's often lots of talk about creating resolutions, unfortunately, most of those tend to fail after a few weeks. Instead of making resolutions, I like to set some goals that will help me to stay on track as I work toward accomplishing new things in life! Here's a few tips that have helped me on the path to success, and I know will be of benefit to you in your goal setting process.
1. Set short-range goals in addition to long-term goals. (Think in terms of day, week, month, and six-months. You'll need these in addition to a year long or even 5 year goal. Be specific!)
2. Set goals for a variety of levels. (Some should be easy to accomplish, while others may require more effort, time, and team members.)
3. Set incremental goals. (Little by little gets you to the big picture. Set benchmarks for progress assessment and accomplishment along the way!)
4. Get group reinforcement (Regular encouragement, accountability, and wisdom from mentors and those who are on the same journey with you can be of great benefit to accomplishment.)
5. Celebrate the achievement! (It's time to celebrate when you achieve your goal! Give yourself a reward, go out to a nice dinner, take a trip, get a new outfit...it's ok to celebrate your success! You did it!!!)
Here's to a fabulous, successful, and fun 2016 ahead!
Happy New Year!
P.S. Have a minute? Here's three extra tips for making this year your best one yet!