I recently came across this list in a book I've been reading this summer, and think it's definitely powerful, applicable, and worth sharing. John Maxwell says that leadership is influence, and all of us have some sort of influence on others in our lives. With this in mind, are you aware of the kind of leader that you are? Do you cultivate positive growth and development of leadership skills? My hope is that you'll find this list as inspiring as I have. Enjoy!
5 Practices & 10 Commandments of Leadership
Practice 1: Model the Way
1. Find your voice by clarifying your personal values.
2. Set the example by aligning actions with shared values.
Practice 2: Inspire a Shared Vision
3. Envision the future by imagining exciting and ennobling possibilities.
4. Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations.
Practice 3: Challenge the Process
5. Search for opportunities by seeking innovative ways to change, grow, and improve.
6. Experiment and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from mistakes.
Practice 4: Enable Others to Act
7. Foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust.
8. Strengthen others by sharing power and discretion.
Practice 5: Encourage the Heart
9. Recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence.
10. Celebrate the values and victories by creating a spirit of community.