Hello all! I'm Dulce from The Dulce Taylor Blog, and today I'm going to show you guys a quick and easy tutorial on a beach wave hair spray that will give your hair that just-off-the-beach look, not matter where you are! If you're like me, your hair is not straight and perfect. Summer is the time when we want to be doing, well, summery things, not fussing with our hair (do we ever?). Beach waves are the ideal summer look, but unless your hair is naturally and perfectly wavy, those waves can take time to get and may come with a lot of frizz.
Thankfully, my crafty and beauty-savvy mother helped me come up with this awesome (and inexpensive) hair spray that gives my hair an effortless beach wave look. And it's super easy to make! Here's what you'll need to buy:
1. Epsom salt (look in the pharmacy section at Walmart)
2. Any brand of water-based hair gel
3. Spray bottle (I found this one in the Art section at Hobby Lobby)
You won't use all of the salt or the gel, but you will have some left over to use for extra spray when you run out! All together, this cost me $5.
1. Heat half a cup of water in the microwave for one minute. Then mix 3 teaspoons of Epsom salt and stir until dissolved.
2. Add 3 squirts of hair gel and mix well.
3. Pour into a spray bottle.
Just spray on your damp or dry hair and scrunch with your fingers. If wet, just let you hair air dry for natural, beach-y waves. Enjoy!