10 Commitments of Leadership
accomplishment, achieve anything in life, be fearless, enjoy life, friendship, happiness, how to handle stress, inspiration, journal entry, lead, leadership, love your life, stars, teams Monday, November 2, 2015
Leadership is not simply about power, position or prestige. In fact, leadership is often challenging, involved, and sometimes even messy; however, when a leader rises to the occasion, it is always rewarding. We're all in different points of the leadership journey, and each person has different areas of strength and growth. Here's a few commitments that a successful, captivating, and effective leader should make, no matter where they may be in the process.
As a leader, I commit to...
1. Search out challenging opportunities to change, grow, innovate, and improve.
2. Experiment, take risks, and learn from the accompanying mistakes.
3. Envision an uplifting and ennobling future.
4. Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to their values, interests, hopes, and dreams.
5. Foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust.
6. Strengthen people by giving power away, providing choice, developing competence, assigning critical tasks, and offering visible support.
7. Set the example by behaving in ways that are consistent with shared values.
8. Achieve small wins that promote consistent progress and build commitment.
9. Recognize individual contributions to the success of every project.
10. Celebrate team accomplishments regularly.
I challenge you as a leader to read this out loud to yourself, and when you are in a challenging situation or season of life, remember that leaders are called to do more, be more, love more, and live life in a way that's different than average. Commit to live and lead beyond what you think is possible, place the interests of others first, and watch your influence skyrocket in a positive direction.
Posted by Candice