I get asked often for party planning advice, so I thought I'd put together a list of some things that help with hosting a fun event! Here's my top 10 tips to a fabulous party!
Top 10 Entertaining Tips
1. Choose your theme. What inspires you? Colors, seasons, holidays, books, movies...the list is endless!
2. Make a list of things you'll need: Menu ingredients, decorations, favors..etc
3. Choose local: Bakeries and farmer's markets usually have the freshest ingredients and a different selection to choose from
4. Create atmosphere with lights: Candles, strands of cafe lights, and lanterns can all add to the mood of the events
5. Simplify your appetizers: Save the excitement for the entree! A cheese plate of specialty cheeses, seasonal fruits, chocolate and nuts is usually a perfect way to begin
6. Beauty is in the details: Find a way to add the extra touches, whether that's personalized place settings, mini favor bags, or tiny labels for assorted cheeses; the little things make a big difference.
7. Stick to the basics: A simple set of gold chargers, white dinner plates, and gold flatware should be in everyone's entertaining arsenal.. this is a combination that can seamlessly transition from a beach party to high tea with a swap of table decor.
8. First impressions are everything: Set everything up, and do a walk through of your event to catch any details that you may have overlooked in the planning process.
9. Create a pretty tablescape: Fresh flowers are a simple and inexpensive way to brighten up any table! Choose the mixed bouquets from your local grocery chain, and arrange them in a pretty vase or two.
10. Enjoy: The fun is in enjoying the event..don't stress if things aren't exactly perfect or go differently from the plan. Just relax, enjoy your company and appreciate all your hard work!
Do you have any helpful hints for hosting events? I'd love to hear them!